Sounds Of Thunder

Delving into the NYC music scene

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Longing for the Decemberists

Just as an aside, I missed the brief period when the Decemberists had three new songs posted on their "secret" purevolume site, i.e., they took an 'e' out of their name. If anyone checks this thing yet (I've been trying to spread the word), and has access to the songs, I would appreciate it greatly if you could send them my way. The titles were apparently "Shankhill Butchers", "Valencia", and "Julie Anne". I was only able to listen to them briefly on Ross's computer immediately before watching Quadrophenia. The first two at least were more on Colin's acoustic side, and seemed like they were very good and well worth having on my computer.

The Decemberists
The Decemberists' Purevolume

Tomorrow will most likely bring a review of the Mates of State/Bishop Allen show. Keep your hopes high and I will be sure to disappoint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home