Sounds Of Thunder

Delving into the NYC music scene

Friday, January 27, 2006

Fridays Bring Progress, But They Can't Bring Colin Back

Well... for post #3 for today (more than I have all week, sorry about that), I'm going to bitch and moan over the fact that I missed Colin Meloy playing solo yesterday at Town Hall. BV seemed to like the show. It's reported there that Lou Reed, Sufjan Stevens, and maybe even David Bowie all went. Just imagine getting to your seat, and you're inbetween David Bowie and Lou Reed. Although, they probably don't have seats. I would imagine that they just sorta hover in a spot where no one can reach them. Unfortunately, I had Econ, and lack paper money, so I couldn't attend. I guess I'll have to wait for tomorrow like everyone else for when NPR airs the Virginia show. Ah well, nothing more that I can do except wait for readers to comment on how much fun they had (at least I can rest easy, as we don't have any readers, and thus, no mocking will take place).

The Decemberists
NPR
Brooklyn Vegan (maybe I'll be one soon... who knows?)

So, as many of you can tell, this site hasn't traditionally been a record review site. I'm going to make my best effort, and my best use of a thesaurus, and start. I have a few treats for all of you that I've been considering, and the Bishop Allen EP's will doubtlessly be talked about as well. Look forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home