Sounds Of Thunder

Delving into the NYC music scene

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Beck Covers Elliott w/ an Edit


As per Brian's request on the Forum, you know... the Forum that you should all check out and write on, I was able to dig up those Beck covers from the Henry Fonda Theater. Unfortunately, I could not find any of the other bands' contributions, like Rilo Kiley's renditions of "I Didn't Understand" and "The Biggest Lie". I'll let Ross do some leg work for that. Usually he's a crafty little bugger when it comes to that area.

So... Beck:

Ballad Of Big Nothing
Alameda
Clementine

Elliott:

For No One

I'm sort of disappointed by "Ballad of Big Nothing." It almost seems as though Beck forgot the words and finished it early to save himself. Eh... no one's perfect, but it's disappointing nonetheless.

Edit:

There's been an undiscovered Basement Era Elliott Smith song circulating around today.
Here he is.


Stickman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home