Sounds Of Thunder

Delving into the NYC music scene

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I Hope I Die Before I Get Old, But Not Before I'm 21.

So... I was surfing the net, and what do I see but another great show that I am again ineligible for. Man Man (who I saw open for Ted Leo many months ago) is playing a Halloween show at the Delancey in New York, and I again feel like I'm 5 and trying to get onto a roller coaster that you have to be as tall as the clown's arm in order to ride. And what's worse is that it's a free show. I don't even drink, even if I was 21 I wouldn't be, but I still can't get in.

This is a bit of an exercise in futility, because hopefully I will be going to the We Are Scientists show at Bowery Ballroom that same night. But this has happened before. We Are Scientists have had to sneak me into a bar in Brooklyn (The Galapagos Art Space) once, and I've snuck into Pianos on a few occasions. I should start a petition. If I can be sent to war and die for my country, I should at least be able to get into a good show before I die. The Khyber does the same thing to me. They have excellent shows with such bands as The Teeth, and Okkervil River, American Analog Set, and more. And every show is 21+. Damn it. Oh well... I guess at this juncture there's nothing I can do but wait until I'm mature enough to hold some liquor in me. And mope. A lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home