Sounds Of Thunder

Delving into the NYC music scene

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Doug Martsch and Co., Making Progress

So, a "rough mix" of Built to Spill's yet untitled new album, which is expecting a release date sometime in the spring of '06, after being moved back from this past September, has leaked. I couldn't help myself, and am listening to it now, whilst making an attempt at studying. The mix was cleverly peppered with "Who is Mike Jonse!?" throughout, as to make it utterly unlistenable until you realize that it's new Built to Spill material, in which case you soldier on. The ten track mix is pretty amazing, nothing less than I would expect from my indie favorites Built to Spill, beginning with Martsch's hallmark meandering guitar which characterizes the lengthy eight minute opener, to the more catchy guitar pop, as in one of my favorites so far, the untitled sixth track. If this is any indicator of what the album is going to be like, I'll quote one of my good friends in his usual sentiment: "Squeee!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home