Sounds Of Thunder

Delving into the NYC music scene

Sunday, December 18, 2005

New Things

The Velvet Teen, after having neglected their old site, have created a new one. I must say... I'm a lot more confused than excited after seeing it. It consists of just a floating chimy thing, and doesn't seem to do much besides just make noise. Am I missing something? Somebody please clue me in. The only thing that I got to do anything of interest is the red dot in the top corner to get to the Slowdance Website.

Anyway, while they're the topic of discussion, you (Brian) should check them out. I'm fairly familiar with their two old albums. They did, however, release a fairly hard to find album entitled Elysium last year. I was able to see them during CMJ week at the Knitting Factory (to a pretty empty Tap Bar), the highlight/terrible happening being a drunk guy urinating through his pants onto the stage, on which his foot was. This successfully shorted out all of Judah Nagler's effects pedals, which he apparently needed for most of the older songs. The newer songs are pretty good, but different than the earlier ones, not incorporating guitar into them as much. Anyway, they're worth a shot. Plus, Judah Nagler is nothing short of a dream boat. If memory serves me correctly, he was featured in Cosmo Grrl, or some other such trash, as a "sexy musician."

Here's their video for an older song, "Radiapathy", off of Out of the Fierce Parade.

The Velvet Teen

Slowdance Records

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home