Sounds Of Thunder

Delving into the NYC music scene

Thursday, October 27, 2005

We Are Scientists

So, I may take a temporary hiatus from this blog (don't worry kiddies, just a few days), so that I can go to some shows. Hopefully Ross will pick up a little bit of the slack this weekend when I drive to Allentown then to Philly for the Bishop Allen/Jetpack show.

Anyway, tonight, Ross, Melody and I are going to venture into the big city to try to see the darlings of New York, We Are Scientists. They are fortunately/unfortunately playing the now sold-out Ambulance Ltd. show at Bowery Ballroom. We're banking on the fact that they may release some extra tickets tonight, a few hours before doors. It should be a good show, whether we get in or not, so, if anyone out there is already going, have fun. If we aren't fortunate enough to be graced by the presence of such a band as We Are Scientists tonight, I do have a back up show. Wolf Parade will be playing at the Kimmel Center (of Roaring 20's victory fame). This show will most likely also sell out; the only reason it likely hasn't is because advance tickets can only be bought by NYU students. Damn... I should have told my NYU friends to scalp them. They'd have made a fortune. Anyway, hopefully if we all can't get into one sold out show, we'll get into the equally circumstanced NYU show. We'll see how it goes... and be sure Ross or I will write about it.

We Are Scientists
Bowery Ballroom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home