Sounds Of Thunder

Delving into the NYC music scene

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Good Company

So, while just putzing around on the blogmosphere, I chanced upon something curious. I was looking at the featured blogs, and for some reason, "The Boy Who Heard Music" stuck out. And to my surprise, it turns out to be Pete Townshend's own blog, although I should have realized that the name comes from what will be his next rock opera. It seems that good ol' Pete is writing a book, one which hopefully I will eventually have time to read. What's more interesting to me is that he posted a song, who's name shares that with Chapter Two, "In the Ether". I became giddy with excitement when I saw this, as the Who are just about my favorite band ever. I should have been prepared though, I should have learned my lesson after "Then and Now" had come out a year or so ago. But I didn't. The song starts with really nice light airy guitar and a piano, very Pete Townshend. The vocals on the other hand are very Louis Armstrong, and just embarrassing for the most part. Pete was never meant to sing that low, its just silly. The song does have a few short moments, however, they do nothing to redeem the song, they only serve to taunt you into thinking how adequate a song it would have been if he wasn't being so ridiculous in singing it. Deep down inside, though, I hope he keeps writing and perhaps gets a good one up there.

Anyway, have a listen yourself.

mp3:
In the Ether

The Boy Who Heard Music

Eel Pie

1 Comments:

At 11/01/2005 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

next time he and roger come around, you and me, at the garden, kyle. could be the last time. and good company is a queen song, by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home